Ladies, I’ve made a huge mistake.
My boyfriend and I decided that because we’ve done so much in the last few months – two Buffalo Bills games, Joe Rogan live, and heading to the Toronto Christmas Market, to be more specific – we’re postponing our Christmas until February.
That was the plan until we saw Boxing Day sales, that is.
And that’s where the mistake comes in.
My master plan was to get the boy a new XBox One. His 360 was slowly starting to fail and would only read discs when it wanted to, so I thought I was being super sneaky by plotting my purchase. I was wrong.
We scored a wicked deal – $120 off! – so, Christmas came late/early for
us him! Plus, it came with five games, and the ability to download a whole ton more. Lucky me, right?
So, ladies, if you want some time to yourself to read, crochet, catch up on your television shows or travel to Europe and back, buy your boyfriend an XBox One.
How To Lose a Guy For Ten (or More) Days
- Listen to him complain about his XBox 360 not working properly for a few months.
- Mention that you’re thinking of getting him an XBox a few weeks before Christmas.
- Postpone Christmas until February so that you can save up some money.
- Check out Boxing Day sales post Christmas, cause, you know, saving money is cool.
- Realize that your boyfriend is impatient (and figure in that a good deal is a good deal).
- Go out and buy the XBox.
- Let him set it up and play until his fingers cramp up.
- Enjoy your alone time.
Okay, so it’s not really a mistake.
He’s over the moon, which makes me extremely happy that he loves this purchase.
Does it suck that I now have to compete with a game console for his time and affection? Absolutely.
Is it worth it? 110%.
hugs and kisses,