I love coffee. Have I mentioned that before?
I also love nail polish and crafting. What do you get when you mix all three together? A DIY Coffee Mug design using nail polish instead of sharpies!
I browse Pinterest far too often, and people are using nail polish for everything these days: their nails (obviously), painting their keys to tell them apart, using clear nail polish on the inside of a ring to keep from turning your finger green, and now, I guess, to decorate coffee mugs! At least, that’s what I’m using it for.
THINGS YOU’LL NEED:
– painters tape
– a mug; preferably one with a solid colour (white)
– nail polish
– a pencil
TOTAL CRAFTING TIME:
– about 45 minutes – 1 hour (keep in mind, drying will add on extra time)
- Stencil out the design/letter you want onto the painters tape, and then cut it out.
- Stick the stencil onto the mug. If you don’t like the initial placement, that’s okay! The painters tape is perfect for this craft because it’s adhesive isn’t particularly strong; just peel it off and re-apply it to the place you want it.
- Grab one of the desired colours of nail polish and start dotting!
- Once you’re done with the colour, give it a few minutes to dry. If you feel like you put too many dots, nail polish remover will do the trick!
- Once it’s dry, keep dotting away until you’ve done all the dotting you can.
Something I should mention is that unlike the sharpie coffee mugs, the nail polish one doesn’t need to be baked, and it is washable. As long as you wash it by hand (and do so gently), your design should stay put.
Are there any Pinterest crafts you’d like me to tackle?
Any fun, festive crafts you want to see?
Leave me a comment below and I’ll see what I can do, or follow me on Pinterest and send me a pin!