The Liebster Award
A huge-huge-HUGE thank you to Dara from The Traveller’s Cookbook for nominating me and my lil’ ol’ blog for the Liebster Award!
What is The Liebster Award?
Well, I’m glad you asked.
The award is passed through the blogging community, focusing on new, up and coming bloggers. When nominated:
- Reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate other new bloggers for the Liebster Award
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer and post on their blog
Alright.. so.. let’s get started!
11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I’m obsessed with Friends.
2. I love all animals, but am definitely a cat person.
3. Apples and peanut butter have been my go-to snack lately.
4. I’m really good at Candy Crush. Like, really good. I won’t tell you what level I’m on cause it’s a little embarrassing.
5. I drink my coffee differently every time I order it – sometimes it’s two cream, one sugar, sometimes it’s a double-double, sometimes it’s half white hot chocolate, half coffee.. it varies on my mood.
6. My favorite colours are purple, grey, and gold.
7. I’m obsessed with Adele’s new album.
8. I’m vocally trained in both classical and musical theatre style.
9. My favorite movie is The Breakfast Club, with The Departed at a close second.
10. The first word I learned how to spell (and remember spelling) is ‘elephant.’
11. If I won the lottery, the first thing I would do would be buy my parents a new car. The second thing I’d do, is to buy myself a condo.
1. Where are you from originally? What is your favourite part about that place?
I’m born and raised in Sudbury, Ontario. For those of you who don’t know, it’s about 400km north of Toronto. My favorite part of this city is definitely the greenery; if you travel just a little bit more north of Sudbury, there’s a beautiful stretch of land called Onaping Falls. Yeah, it’s basically a waterfall surrounded by trees and lakes and rocks – it’s just gorgeous.
2. What are your goals for your blog? Where do you hope your blog will be in one year?
I would love my blog to eventually be my sole income, but I feel like I’m still a little while away from that happening – but that doesn’t mean I’m giving up. :)
In a year from now, I’d love to see more collaborations with other bloggers in the works, and would love to have some more content that marketable to a wider group of people.
3. How do you make money to fund your travels?
Well, I’m an blogger/actor by day (so that makes me no money), and a server at night. Serving pays the bills for sure, and usually if I decide to take a trip I save up money. That’s pretty much it.
I’m sorry my answer isn’t more exciting.
4. What is your favourite part about arriving in a new country?
It’s undiscovered terrain. I mean, obviously it’s been discovered before, but it’s new to me. I get to experience everything for the first time; smell the smells, see the sights, and breathe the sometimes polluted, but always welcoming air. It’s a great feeling to finally step down on soil you’ve always wanted to visit.
5. Describe the best meal you ever had.
Oh this is easy. There’s a restaurant in Manhattan – Niles Restaurant and Bar – that’s attached to the Affinia Hotel at 31st and 7th. I was there for Mother’s Day with my mom, and I’m pretty sure the steak I ordered was the best steak I’ve ever eaten in my life. It was perfectly cooked and just so juicy and delicious (I’m drooling just thinking about it). 110% recommend this place if you’re heading to New York anytime soon.
6. If you were involved in an international scandal and had to move abroad with a new identity and could never again contact your friends or family…where would you move to?
This question stumped me. I really couldn’t think of a single place I wanted to move, and then finally it hit me: Paris, France. It’s one of the places I’d love to visit, and seeing the Eiffel Tower all lit up at night must be beautiful. Not only that, but I feel like it’s so cultured and refined – it’s the full experience without feeling completely alien when being in a new country.
7. What’s your drink of choice?
Coffee & wine. In that order.
There are no other options.
8. You just returned home from a two-year long journey around the world. What do you eat first?
My mom and dads homemade perogies. I come from a Polish household, and perogies are a must. They’re even better when they’re homemade. Either that, or cabbage rolls.
Okay. Now I’m hungry.
9. What is one thing that you believe people have misunderstood about your home country?
We don’t live in igloos, but, we DO let raccoon’s ride the subway. In all seriousness though, we are pretty awesome people. Canada’s legit, eh? ;)
10. What’s your favourite book?
That’s a tough one – I read a lot, and every book I’ve read I’ve taken something different from. I’m gonna change this up a little, and I’m going to give you my favorite book that I read last year: The Martian by Andy Weir. His writing is so fluid and seamless, you feel like you’re actually stuck on Mars. I couldn’t put this book down – I read it in two days.
My favorite book series of all time though, would have to be Harry Potter. There’s just something about that series that speaks to me – maybe it’s just simply because it’s been such a big part of my childhood, or maybe it’s just awesome. I dunno.
11. Where to next?
Honestly, I have no idea. I’d love to go to Paris, Brazil, Switzerland, Chicago, Seattle.. the list is endless. Perhaps Vancouver though. I haven’t seen enough of Canada yet, and my old roommate of 6 years just moved out there, so.. free place to stay?
Alright, so the rules state that I now have to nominate 11 new blogs, but I don’t think I even KNOW of 11 new blogs, so taking a page from Dara herself, I’ve decided to nominate four new bloggers. This way, I can keep it narrowed down to blogs that I connect with personally, and can potentially see myself building relationships with these bloggers! :)
Just like Dara, I don’t want to be forced to choose 11 bloggers solely because I HAVE to choose 11 bloggers. That’s not how I roll.
Here are my nominees:
1. Taylor Anne Smith at Blonde & Ambitious: she talks beauty, fashion, real life – and it’s real good! Check out her blog and throw her a few comments! She really does have some great tips!
2. Bailey Jean at Jailey Bean. Her blog is just so cute! She’s the definitely of a lifestyle blog – she chats about her life and things we all think about, and it’s so easy to read. I just spent an hour scrolling through – she’s definitely got some great things to say!
3. Marissa Hilburn at The Fun Part: this is where we get real. This girl just digs down deep and unleashes the stuff we don’t really want to talk about on a daily basis. Remarkable. Her words are so personal and powerful.
4. Holly Bowman at Holly Bowman, xo: I know this girl personally, and she’s the bees knees! Her blog is so pretty, and she talks about the joys (and sometimes the struggles) of motherhood and day to day life.
1. What prompted you to start your blog?
2. What are your ultimate blogging goals? What do you want to accomplish?
3. Name 3 people (alive or dead) you would invite to dinner.
4. If there was a movie made about your life, who would you want to play you, and why?
5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?
6. Where have you travelled to, that to this day, you would consider moving to and living there permanently?
7. What is your go to ‘feel good’ movie?
8. Peanut butter: crunchy or smooth?
9. Describe your perfect summer day – what you would do, where you’d go, etc.
10. Are you a Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte or Samantha?
11. What’s one beauty product you couldn’t live without?
And there we have it, folks!
Again, a big thanks to Dara for the nomination. It’s awesome hearing that someone loves something you put so much work, heart, and soul into.
Looking forward to how my nominees answer those questions, and also reading more of their blogs!