I turned 29 on January 2nd. TWENTY-NINE.
It wasn’t until this morning that I realized this is my last year in my twenties. AHHH!
Just… I mean… what? Where did the time go?
Am I seriously going to be in my THIRTIES next year?
I’m slightly saddened by this thought, but I’m also kind of excited. 29 is a brand new adventure, and I’m hoping that since it’s also a brand new year I can somewhat revamp my life and work-work-work until I get to where I want to be. That sounds doable.
At least, I think it sounds doable.
In lieu of my 29th birthday (and my new readers!) I figured I should share 29 random/interesting facts about me! Consider it a “hello!” from me to you.
29 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me
- There’s a freckle underneath my right eye that I really like. It’s silly that I like a freckle so much, but it’s kind of a special freckle.
- I’m notorious for wanting things right away; I have no patience when it comes to things I really, really want.
- In addition to being impatient, I’m also very persistent. If I want something, I’ll hate waiting for it, but the reward is so much sweeter when I get it.
- I’m not really a big fan of holidays; I understand the celebration and meaning behind them, but “designated fun time” isn’t my cup of tea.
- I’ve only been able to keep four plants alive. Ever. I don’t know if this means I have a superb plant-killing talent or that I’m horrible at keeping things alive.
- My addiction to wine is second to my addiction to coffee.
- One of my goals in life is to write a novel and have it published.
- I love to create things – I crochet and DIY craft like a beast.
- I’m prepared to be an old lady: I love crosswords, freecell solitaire, going to bed early, and Jeopardy. I crochet while watching Jeopardy, too.
- I love rainy days when I have nothing to do. I hate rainy days when I have to go outside.
- My middle name is Grace, after my dad’s mom. I never met her (or my dad’s dad, for that matter) because she passed away long before I was born.
- 12 is my favorite & lucky number.
- I’ve seen the entire series of FRIENDS more times that I can actually count. Some of my discs skip when I try to watch them.
- Purple is my favorite colour. Teal is my second favorite colour.
- I’ve had my nose pierced for 13 years; I got it done when I turned 16. I also had my tongue pierced at one point.
- I love nailpolish and having my nails done. Even if I’m underdressed, if my nails are done I feel complete.
- On that note, I bite my nails when I’m stressed or bored, or nervous.. or anxious. It’s a bad habit I’ve had since I was younger, but keeping my nails painted helps me not want to bite them.
- I grew up in a small town north of Toronto, but moved to the city when I was 21 to pursue my dream of becoming an actor. I’ve had a few roles, so I like to think it’s a win!
- I’ve done a ton of musical theatre. My favorite roles have been Tracy in Hairspray, Ursula in Bye Bye, Birdie, and Jan in Grease.
- I have four tattoos: three pink stars on my right ankle, “beauty ⋅ truth ⋅ love” on my lower back, a treble clef surrounded by drama masks and stars on the top of my right foot, and two quotation marks, on on each wrist. I 100% want more tattoos, and would have a sleeve if I could.
- My obsession with true crime has escalated since I’ve started listening to podcasts more.
- I love stand-up comedy: Tom Segura’s specials on Netflix are hysterical.
- Video games are cool, and once I get the hang of them I can play for hours.
- I hate blowdrying my hair and avoid it if I can.
- Same story with makeup; I’m the epitome of a girly-girl, but damn, if I don’t have to wear makeup I’m happier than a pig in the mud.
- I try to do too many things at once most days, and often find myself buried in tasks.
- That said, I get distracted easily, especially when I’m working on the blog and have something playing in the background.
- If I could live anywhere it the world it would be Manhattan. I’m in love with the city that never sleeps.
- My dream job is working for Cosmopolitan, or having my own weekly opinion column in the newspaper a la Carrie Bradshaw.
30. My pet peeve is people who are notoriously late for everything.
Trying to think of 29 different things about myself was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be.
I’m excited for this new chapter of my life. I think that 29 has a lot to offer, and it’s a pretty great number. I am nervous about entering my thirties, but at least I don’t have to think about that for another 363 days, am I right?
Here’s to 29, and to achieving all of the goals!