Every single year, the same things happens: I find myself sitting in bed on the first of January with a cup of coffee, a notebook and a pen. I’m thinking of new year resolutions, in hopes of bettering myself. I tell myself that this is the year I’m going to actually stick to the resolutions I’m going to make.
You can probably tell where this is going, but.. every single year, I fail.
resolution (n) [rez-uh-loo-shun]:
Or as I like to call it.. “something that I never keep”.Click To Tweet
Resolutions always start out strong. We hit the gym three or four times a week, as promised. Try to cut back to only two glasses of wine a week and have just a tiny slice of cake instead of the bigger piece we know we want. But then little by little, we begin to grab that extra glass of wine, and decide to skip the gym one day cause you’re just “too tired”. Before you know it, you’re halfway through April, at the same weight you were at before you made your resolution, and the empty wine bottles are piling up on your counter.
Fear not! I have a solution!
Make plans, not resolutions.
Plans are easier to make & keep. They seem to hold smaller value in our minds. I think it’s because the word “resolution” comes with a negative connotation; resolutions are harder to keep! I don’t know about you, but I often feel discouraged if I don’t end up following through. Plans, on the other hand, can be rescheduled and postponed.
Here are the top six
resolutions plans I’ve made this year.
I plan to…
- Read more books! I’ve compiled a list of books I want to read this year, and to make it a little easier, I’ve planned to read one book a month.
- De-clutter my apartment! I’ve already started by going through my clothes. It’s harder to do than it seems, but if I plan to tackle a different area of my apartment every day, it will eventually get done.
- Spend less money! 2016 was a big money spending year for me, so I’ve joined a money saving challenge to help me learn to better my spending, and to budget better.
- Blog more! 2017 is the year I really want to focus on my blog. I love writing and sharing my thoughts, opinions and tips & tricks I’ve learned myself. I have goals I
wantplan on reaching by the end of the year, and I’m determined to make them a reality.
- Take more photographs! I love photography, and when I got my camera last year I vowed to learn how to properly take photos. I haven’t done that yet, so this year, my plan is to take as many photos as I can and learn more about editing.
- Stay organized! I know that I’m an organized person, but if I don’t make a “to do” list, I will never get anything done. To help you all stay productive, download the freebie I’m offering!
As the year goes on, I’m hoping that I can keep myself in check and actually stick to the plans that I’ve made. I haven’t made many plans, but, they’re enough to keep me busy for a while!
Fingers crossed they go as planned!